Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Friday, June 10, 2011

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I'm back! After nursing the old computer through it's last gasping breaths while preparing for my first ever Doll and Bear Convention,






 I emerged on the other side with new contacts, new ideas, and a NEW COMPUTER!

I'm a little bit shell shocked, while I was gone my current Website expired and I decided to take the plunge and shop for a new one, also I'm trying to navigate my way through the new Windows 7 operating system and figure out where the *&*%$ I put all those files... but things are looking up.

My Nona Ariana was sold and is currently in a Doll Shop in Connecticut.



Lyric didn't win any prizes, but we had a lot of fun being in the competition.

I met fantastic Artists like
Annie Wahl, Debbie Weimert, Gregg Ortiz, Diane Keeler,
Diane Graham, Maryanne Oldenburg, Sandi McAslan, Dianna Effner...







Floyd Bell,







I even made friends with some Bear Artists!
bear by the lovely Betty Franks



Martha Burch and her Bear hat



                                                  My table
at the Saturday Sale





So I came home ready to do some work, and found that it had rained for two days and everything was very tropical looking!
Quite a change from four days of concrete and traffic!



Now it's time to take some better pictures of Lyric for the Art Dolls Only book that's being published in the Fall, and to start my next project,
a Soft Sculpture that I can only say I would like to release a sketch of soon, only once again I started the figure before I finished the sketch!
That's just the way I roll...
More on this soon,
Keep creating!

No comments: