Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday again already!

I have decided to make Wednesday my official posting day, starting next week, but I was already here and a bit muddled this morning, so I will go ahead anyway. Last week was pretty good for projects, lots of sanding on Bayan's head,
finished the faces for three of what I'm calling "head pins" for lack of a better description at the moment.
I needed a bright accent to wear with a wonderful but brown shirt I wore to the Connecticut Doll Show, so I sculpted a small face and surrounded it with felt petals and silk flower scraps in red and yellow. I got such a positive response from other dealers that I decided to make some more for Etsy and upcoming shows.
I have had "Start sculpting Bear head" on my to do list for days, since I signed up for a Bear Making challenge for the Philadelphia
 Convention in May.
I have the best intentions, started drawing up plans, bought the paperclay, etc, but I was distracted by one of those cute little boarders on the back porch.
They are half wild; though we've been feeding their mother for a year, she chose to give birth to them a few yards away and only brought them home a few weeks ago.
They are attracting way too much attention from a parade of schoolchildren who go by the back yard. Two of the bolder have already come to the door, one claiming that the Mother cat was hers, another simply stating that she wanted to be let into the back yard to catch one. They are too wild for this, and though we told them they can't simply chase around in our back yard, one of the kittens(a twin to the little striped one) has already disappeared.
So last Friday when I saw my opportunity, I managed to get the little black one into a cage, and after two sleepless nights of baby howling for Mother, I am able to pet him. I hope to be able to integrate him into the family unit soon, though our older cat disapproves of course.
I gave up a day of work on Saturday and just took cage, pillows and blankets, a good book and some kitten toys into the large bathroom and spent the day with him, leaving the cage door open in case he wanted to come out and start trusting me. He surveyed the situation curiously, sighed and went to sleep curled around a small stuffed lion in the upper part of the cage. He slept for hours while I read an entire paperback novel, but I think he knew I was there. Last night when I woke up at three wondering why he wasn't crying, I looked in and he was staring back at me, purring loudly!
Progress, I think, so today it's back in the bathroom with some paperwork and my sketching journal.
I will just have to work twice as hard as soon as he can let me out of his sight for longer than two minutes without sobbing out how lonely he is...
Happy Creating everybody!

No comments: