Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy October Everyone!

This is my favorite month for looking ahead, to new projects but also the Spring season of Shows and selling.
We've had the usual rainy September, now maybe things can dry out so the garden can be put to bed (a drawn out process that can drag on until the last of the leaves have fallen,been mulched and put to use) and I can turn to more arty things.
There are three projects in the works at the moment;

Bayan is a Mongolian girl whose face I have been intrigued with for years. She has been sketched,>
created as a simple baby doll with a rag body, a ball jointed doll with a cloth face, and now a Soft Sculpture with sculpted head. She is about 3/4 completed and will definitely go to the Quinlan's Convention in Phila. in May.

Next is a chubby little brown boy that I have made a quick preliminary sketch for.
I saw him sitting on the floor in my imagination the other day, playing with a stack of vintage blocks and I knew he had to be created....










The third is a small goblin who wants to be ready for Halloween but I am not promising anything. His body is progressing but his head may turn out to be more complicated than I had anticipated. His working name at the moment is just "Wicked Little Goblin"...

Also I have started a new Art Journal by taking apart a smallish three ring binder with a leather cover and making it my own inside and out. The idea is to stuff into it everything that I sketch, imagine, etc. By using a  ring binder I can put in whatever paper I have at hand that I can punch holes in; watercolor, pastel, the paper menu from the restaurant that I doodled a new character on... It will be a lot of fun and was inspired by one of those fancy "sketchbooks" at the Art store yesterday that come with fancy papers and accessories  and cost 14.95 while leaving very little space for any serious sketching.
I'm glad I have finally reached the stage in my life where after my first thought of "I want one of those with a burning passion", I look at it more critically and say " I can make one, and mine will be so much better"!

Being broke helps, I highly recommend it for maximum creative thought, lol!


Happy Creating!
 

No comments: