Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Just a quick thought for a Tues...
I've just been strolling through Pinterest, getting my daily dose of Art, when struck by the idea of how much is "wrong" with some of the drawings and sketches. Having been surrounded by Art critics all my life, from the teachers who insisted we color in the lines only and the teenager who laughed at my four year old drawing of a dog with four legs; all on the same side, I shied away from Art unless I could get it "right". Never mind feelings or inner passions to put that pencil to the paper or just splash those watercolors on, there was a "right" and a "wrong" way to do it. To avoid those critiques, for too long I only attempted what I knew would be correct in a linear and predictable sense.
How empty would Pinterest be if those unbelievably talented artists had thought that way?
Let's all be a little freer with our inner artists. They want to get out and play!

No comments: