Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Time, time, time.

It's another long stretch of "Where in the heck have I been???"

Busy of course; with illness that dragged on, then Christmas prep and the two birthdays in my family that happen right before and right after. Also, my new "baby",


the kitten that joined us in Oct., is growing into a woman and needs to be prepped for her spaying next month. The older Mocha, Queen of all that she surveys,

has not let up on her resolve to kill the little invader, so careful maneuvering has been neccessary to keep them apart while still letting Mooshie explore her new home.


Meanwhile, I have finally got my Studio back in action and have been trying to make up for lost time.
I have mentioned before the longing for a separate space (far away from the house with all it's demands and distractions) that wouldn't have to be "tidied up" when Holiday company of more than four is expected.
I am grateful every day for my wonderful space that is so much more than many have to work with.

 
 
 But there is no question that I would love to have something like this...

 
 
Oh well, dreams are what get us up in the morning!
 
When last here, I was in the early stages of building a skeleton for Felicie, a joyous child/elf/fantasy creature that I had hoped to enter into an online competition with a Feb. 1st deadline.
She is progressing since I worked haltingly around my lack of Studio space over Christmas, but not fast enough. Also I became aware of the fact that my presence, though not "required" in the Netherlands should she place in the top three, would be encouraged. Obviously for most of us living in a depressed economy in Pa and trying to work full time as an Artist, that would be a bit beyond me.
So Felicie will progress at a slower pace and still make it to Phila. in May.
 


 
Also I am refining my sculpture for Bayan, the large Mongolian child that has been bugging me for months. Something was off, something in the temples or cheeks, but I couldn't pin it down. Turns out that if one is willing to be less miserly with the paperclay and starts fooling around with adding large lumps of it here and there, it can make a world of difference. Her ears, which some people don't put a whole lot of thought into sculpturally, were too low!
More on that next time...
 
Happy Creating Friends!

 

 

 

1 comment:

lulu moonwood murakami said...

Hi Mary Esther - How wonderful to see your blog! Cute kitten baby! I've got three studio cats and two dogs who won't come into the studio because they're afraid of the cats! Oh my gosh! wouldn't that big empty studio space be heaven!

I am so intrigued by the photos of your dolls in progress - can't wait to see your doll in the TAD project!