Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Birdie- Muscle Layers

It's time to post updates on Birdie again, I don't know where the last few weeks have gone. I have given myself a deadline of Nov. something or other for her completion, so I need to get with it. If only Life didn't keep getting in the way of work... raise your hands if you work at home and frequently encounter people who feel that your time must be spent lounging around and maybe doing a bit of light housekeeping! SO of course you are free for plenty of volunteer projects and such.  Some days I feel like yelling " I am not retired and looking for things to fill my days, I am an Artist!"

Anyway, here is Birdie with all muscle layers sewn in and some fat layers in the early stages. I always leave the feet and hands for last as they are the most delicate and prone to being mis-shapen if handled too much before the layers of nylon skin are sewn on.




The next photos should show all fat layers completed, ready for skinning, and with at least an armature for the head, to check proportions before the actual sculpting begins.

Meawhile, for all of you who are self employed and sometimes feel as if you are following someone else's agenda, take courage and have faith that you know what you are doing.
Happy October!

No comments: