Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birdie has found her Center

She may not look like much yet, but at this stage of creation, skeleton constructed of wire and wrapped in yarn, Birdie has achieved the center of gravity that allows her to stand in the position I pictured when I first sketched her inspiration; "Fairy in the Wind" back in 2008.
It's always a thrill for me when the sculpture can stand on it's own two feet and I can see the "line" the Masters talk about.
Next I will start building felt "bones" like kneecaps and elbows that are put in place before the major muscles begin.
This is the exciting stage, where things can progress quickly and it still feels fresh, no mistakes yet that can't be corrected.
Thanks to all of you who have expressed interest in the process, I will try to record every step that takes us further on the path to the finished character.
I am hestitant to name a date for that.
There may be some bad stuff coming to take my attention away, though I try to bury my head in the sand and keep on plugging away at the worktable.
Keep a happy thought for me, and may your days be sunny in your little corners of the world!

No comments: