Come join me "upstairs" from the Studio, a place to relax and talk with friends. Here you'll find clips of my stuff, woolgathering about the animals in the family, news about shows and events and links to other sites that I find too good not to mention. Pull up a cushion and have some cake( there should always be cake) and tea, and lets discuss the amazing world of Art in it's many forms!








CottonWoolBaby Studio

CottonWoolBaby Studio
http://cottonwoolbabystudio.com

Poetic thought

Windy Nights
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Whenever the moon and stars are set,
Whenever the wind is high,
All night long in the dark and wet,
A man goes riding by.
Late in the night when the fires are out,
Why does he gallop and gallop about?

Whenever the trees are crying aloud,
And ships are tossed at sea,
By, on the highway, low and loud,
By at the gallop goes he.
By at the gallop he goes, and then
By he comes back at the gallop again.


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More uplifting snaps from my 6AM walks, (which I skipped this morning for no good reason) that remind me of how important it is to always carry the camera with me, as if it's strapped to my hip as I walk out the door.
I have attached my house keys to a small pack that just fits the bulkiness of the big lens.
I have always felt that that is the difference between me and a gifted photographer, (in addition to scads of technical ability) my reluctance to always be willing to carry the thing everywhere I go.
Also the feeling that everyone's staring at me when I take photos in public, but I'm getting over that.
I'm trying to embrace the concept of "digital camera with rechargeable battery  and 4GB memory stick= unlimited shots" and rejoice in the fact that everything is now in my hands, no developers, or sending away to have photos enlarged and cropped.
Yes children, we used to have to do that!
 No more disposable flashbulbs, film sprockets, or expensive wasted shots should have  all of us would-be photographers dancing in the streets with our cameras firmly in hand.
That's what I'm trying to do, so please excuse the endless sunrises, sunsets, and macro florals, because at this point they all look to me like the first ones ever!




1 comment:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love your 6am walk photos and that you carry your camera everywhere, too! I can relate to the days of flash bulbs and film and developing, too. :)

So glad to meet you through my Art Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! Looking forward to upcoming posts!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser